Invitation codes can be entered by students of all ages, but is only required for those under 13.
The purpose of an invitation code is to connect a student to their teacher as a moderator.
- Those over 13 can enter the invitation code on their profile page.
- Students under 13, who don't already have a moderator will be required to enter their invitation code before they are able to create new designs.
- Students under 13, who are already moderated by a teacher or parent, can enter additional invitation codes on their profile page.
- Navigate to the Teach page at www.tinkercad.com/teach
- Set your role as Teacher and generate an invitation code.
(Role selection is done once. If you had previously selected a role you will not see this option)
- Copy or write down the invitation code.
- Give this code to your students.
- Any student who creates an account and uses your code in the following 7 days will be linked to you as their teacher moderator.
- If you no longer want students to be able to use a code, simply generate a new code on the teach page. This action will block all previous codes.
- While the code is only valid for 7 days, once a student is linked to a teacher moderator, their account will remain active beyond the 7-day window.